Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 New Year's Resolve


Happy New Year! I don't know much, if anything, about numerology but today's date 01 01 2011 seems pretty positive to me. Feels like a very balanced, even number and I welcome that.

For a lot of people 2010 was a pretty memorable year. Not necessarily in a good way, but definitely a date that will be remembered. Seems like for many it was a year of turmoil, sometimes loss, and most definitely change.

I had always felt that 2010 was going to be hugely significant for me personally and I kept waiting for "something to happen". Didn't really feel like it did. But when I consider the whole year, I think it was a year of "germination". So often we remember significant dates because of the end result. For instance we remember the year people were born but the real miracle is the year people were conceived which may or may not even be the same year. I think in hindsight, perhaps years from now, a lot of us may look back at 2010 and realize it was the year that set things in motion.

I'm not big on the concept of New Year's resolutions. Too much pressure and too many rules. However, as I released my balloon to Melvin last night (if this makes no sense check out the blog for my book Melvin's Balloons http://melvinsballoons.blogspot.com, I did make a resolve. I picked a green balloon to release, not for the connection to the heart chakra so much as for the healing significance of the color green. I resolved to bring healing into the universe by whatever method I can.

So to follow through with my resolve....

If your head and body feels a bit like today's picture, and not in a good way this morning- there are some homeopathics that might help.

Nux Vomica is a homeopathic preparation that is derived from Quaker Buttons- a poisonous plant that is also known as the "vomiting nut". As a homoepathic, nux vomica can be very effective in treating symptoms of nausea and vomiting. It is often helpful in relieving motion or travel sickness. It can help reverse the common symptoms of a hangover as well.

If nux vomica doesn't work, or if the signs and symptoms are more that of headache,exhaustion, sensitivity to touch, noise and light, rather than nausea , China Officinalis may be helpful. This homeopathic comes from Peruvian bark and was first used to treat malaria. China can help reverse the symptoms of dehydration which is why it may be helpful if your symptoms are related to an overindulgence in alcohol! It is also a good remedy to have in your first aid kit to treat the symptoms of heat exhaustion.

In the meantime I resolve to let go of 2010 and welcome 2011 and all that it may bring!

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment